Thursday, September 27, 2012

Snip, Snip and a Recipe

Yesterday, Bram had a little makeover. He started out looking like this:



 He had some cute little curls in back, but as you can see in the first picture, the strands by his ears were long and straight and crazy looking. 


 So, I did a little of this.



 And he ended up looking like this!


Pictured here playing with the woodpecker knocker on the bathroom door...stay tuned, this knocker will appear in Episode 2 of Abode Aberrations.


I'm pretty relieved that my first trim with hair scissors went well. I cut Jon's hair every month with an electric clipper, but I figured the buzzing would freak a toddler out. So we opted for hair scissors. He looks a little older now, and maybe he won't be mistaken as "such a cute, little girl" in the grocery store anymore. 

Oh, and since fall is definitely here in D.C., I'm trying this cheese fondue in a pumpkin recipe tonight. I bought a sugar pumpkin recently and have been excited about roasting it. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm using Swiss cheese instead of the Gruyere called for. Thanks to my friend Whitney for pointing me to the recipe.

Photo credit: blog.streaminggourmet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment