Wednesday, September 5, 2012

"Funky Kitchen" Free EBook

I write mostly to tell you that my favorite homemaker blogger is giving away free copies of her ebook "Do The Funky Kitchen" today only. I only just downloaded it and already learned something about how to keep my kitchen better organized and more functional. The specific tip was to clean out the fridge weekly before heading to the grocery store so it's all ready to be refilled when you come home. Why have I never done this? I always clean it out after I come home with groceries, which causes me to have to drop everything (including the new groceries) and clean out the fridge just so I can put the new stuff in there. Which causes issues if A needs to be changed or fed or put down right then, too. Nice! I love tips on functionality. I love efficiency.

Now, speaking of kitchen functionality tips, I have one of my own to share. I read it originally on a blog somewhere but I literally think about it every day. Wanna hear it? Here it is: start the dishwasher to run after lunch (or if you hand wash dishes, wash them all after lunch). Then, before you prepare dinner, or maybe after you stick the casserole in the oven, empty the dishwasher/put away all the dishes. Then, you don't have the issue of "Wow, what are we eating on for dinner?", "Gee, we can't load all of our dinner dishes because the dishwasher is overflowing" or, "Wow, I need to make breakfast but there are dishes everywhere and the dishwasher needs to be emptied". My issue was that I would typically run the washer after dinner. But then I'd leave the kitchen for the night and wake up already behind for the day because my dishwasher would need to be emptied right after breakfast (when I'm trying to clean up from breakfast). This way I can work on dinner and get the kitchen ready for evening/morning efficiency at the same time. Maybe this tip can help you, too! If you have any kitchen efficiency/functionality tips - do share. I love comments (and tips!).

No comments:

Post a Comment