Monday, March 3, 2014

Jean rescue mission

My favorite pair of Bram's jeans got a hole in the right knee last week. After a little online sleuthing, I found and tried a tutorial for patching jeans in a way that keeps the "distressed" look and also keeps the patch on the inside so overall the look is more subtle. Most importantly, the tutorial looked easy enough for a beginner seamstress and could be done with no special equipment (other than a basic starter seeing machine). I cut the patch out of a pair of my old jeans, and so I just had to acquire some blue thread before trying to patch them this way. It was really simple and I love the idea of getting more use out of these jeans and not having to throw them out just yet. Also I hear boys can be rather hard on their jeans so I'm happy to learn a new skill that will be useful again and again. Here is the link to the tutorial and a few pics of the finished product. http://lazyhomesteader.com/2013/01/10/thrifty-thursday-patching-kids-jeans/



Sent from my iPhone

1 comment: