Friday, September 14, 2012

A Preference For Red?

Earlier this week, our family of three ate at Olive Garden for dinner and made excellent use of gift cards. I was giving Bram beans out of my Minestrone soup as we waited for our entrees to arrive. Funny thing, though, he consistently ate all the kidney beans first and only after they were gone (either in his tummy or under the highchair) did he move on to the (pinto?) other beans. It's fun to watch him make even the smallest decisions like that. Maybe the red beans looked more interesting.

We've also discovered a park down the street where Abram bravely climbed up some steps and into a tunnel. Most of the time we are at the park he looks mildly terrified of the other kids (see the photo above...blogging from my phone means all the pictures show up before the text). He smiles occasionally when he locks eyes with a friendly girl (second photo).

And I might as well continue sharing hymns with you. In my head this morning is "Arise My Soul, Arise". Maybe it will encourage you like it has me.

Arise my soul, arise,
Shake off thy guilty fears;
The bleeding sacrifice
In my behalf appears.
Before the throne my Surety stands,
Before the throne my Surety stands;
My name is written on His hands.

Five bleeding wounds He bears,
Received on Calvary;
They pour effectual prayers,
They strongly plead for me:
"Forgive him, oh, forgive", they cry,
"Forgive him, oh, forgive", they cry,
"Nor let that ransomed sinner die."

The Father hears Him pray,
His dear Anointed One;
He cannot turn away,
The presence of His Son;
His Spirit answers to the blood,
His Spirit answers to the blood,
And tells me I am born of God.

My God is reconciled,
His pardoning voice I hear;
He owns me for His child,
I can no longer fear.
With confidence I now draw nigh,
With confidence I now draw nigh,
And "Father, Abba, Father!" cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment