Monday, September 10, 2012

Blender Battles

Last week, I tried using our blender to blend up the tomato basil soup I had been cooking on the stove. I was going to treat my blender delicately because I knew the plastic base was cracked. I ladled soup in, pressed blend, so far, so good. I ever so gently grasped the glass and barely lifted up, hoping all the pieces would stay in tact. Whoosh! To my great dismay, hot soup spilled out the bottom of the glass blender - the plastic base had gotten stuck in the base/motor area. To my greater dismay, the soup went all over our stove top because I was using that outlet on the stove (which I photographed for you in my Abode Aberrations post). Hot, aromatic, tasty, perfect soup all over everywhere, wasted, gone forever, a hand with pink skin and a filthy kitchen. Mad. Lord, why do we have a broken blender? Lord, why don't we have a food processor? Lord, why don't we have money to have a good food processor? Lord, why did You ordain this soup would be wasted that was supposed to last two dinners? I was the picture of gratefulness.

About an hour later, the half of the soup that never made it to the blender sat cold in the pot. I suggested (no, whined) to my hubby if he would ask the neighbors if we could borrow a blender. That's how we met Bill and Gloria. Thanks, Lord, You helped me look outside myself and look to my neighbors. They are unbelievers and we hope we can share the Gospel with them. They adore our son. They gave us this blender, which they hadn't touched in ten years, they said. They are lonely and not in the best health. They seemed so thankful for the loaf of bread we gave them in return, and I'm thinking, hey wait! Thankful for the bread? You just parted with your blender!

Please pray that we would be able to be a light to Bill and Gloria and that we could introduce them to the True Bread from heaven, the Maker and Giver of all things (including blenders), the Lord of all Creation who is coming soon, Jesus Christ.

Lo, He comes, with clouds descending
Once for favoured sinners slain!
Thousand thousand saints attending
Swell the triumph of His train:
Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah!
Jesus now shall ever reign.

Every eye shall now behold Him
Robed in dreadful majesty;
Those who set at nought and sold Him,
Pierced and nailed Him to the tree,
Deeply wailing, deeply wailing, deeply wailing
Shall the great Messiah see.

Now redemption, long expected,
See in solemn pomp appear!
All His saints by man rejected,
Now shall meet Him in the air:
Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah!
See the day of God appear!

Yea, Amen! Let all adore Thee,
High on Thine eternal throne!
Saviour, take the power and glory;
Claim the kingdom for Thine own:
O come quickly, O come quickly! O come quickly!
Hallelujah! Come, Lord, come!

-John Cennick, alt. by Charles Wesley

1 comment:

  1. Dreadful indeed! That is not a fun mess to clean... you at least had half the soup left? I'm glad you were able to meet some kind neighbors and will pray that God uses you in their lives. They're pretty blessed to have the Malones as neighbors and they don't even know it yet! PS. My parent's blender is exactly like that one!

    ReplyDelete