Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sour Cream Fudge Cake - Happy Birthday, Babe!

My husband requested Sour Cream Fudge Cake (read: chocolate cake plus chocolate icing) this year for his birthday (which was yesterday). Definitely not what you'd consider a health food. J I did make it with the ingredients that I usually cook with, as a compromise - King Arthur Organic White Whole Wheat Flour instead of white flour and Organic Sucanat instead of white sugar, and organic unsalted butter instead of margarine or Canola oil. It turned out yummy but you know how they say "too much of a good thing is not a good thing"? A colleague of Jon's brought a chocolate cheesecake with chocolate topping to work to celebrate his birthday (unbeknownst to us otherwise I would have made something along a different vein?). Jon mentioned before work today that there was leftover cheesecake to consume at work today also. I'm just not sure how this 9x13 cake will ever get eaten! (I have what I call a "salty tooth" or "savory tooth", not a sweet tooth. Bring on the homemade popcorn!) We may need to start sending out portions to neighbors...


P.S. RIP Google Reader! As probably some of you know, Google retired it's feed reader today that I was using to keep up with my friends' blogs and food blogs. Now I'm using Feedly and so far I like it! I decided to not import my existing Google Reader content to Feedly so that I can make a fresh start, and clear out some of those blogs I'm no longer interested in. But anyway - if you have trouble keeping up with blogs - try Feedly!

No comments:

Post a Comment