Friday, March 22, 2013

Why I Had To Find Out What A Papoose Board Is

Bram and I had some mother-son bonding time tonight while my husband is out of town at a conference all weekend. Just before bed, Bram followed me into the kitchen where I filled up his bedtime sippy cup, and then he just casually slipped while walking towards me, flew forward, landed arms splayed, and bit his lower lip as he hit the floor. His lower lip was badly cut by his teeth so I decided I needed to put on my big girl pants and find somewhere for him to be seen. Trying not to dwell on the fact that I had to do this without my husband by my side! Three urgent care centers later (why I had to go to three is a longer story), four hours later, and a few stitches later, I was able to put one snoozing toddler in bed. Special thanks go out to Google Maps for iPhone (I'm definitely still very green when it comes to knowing the ins and outs of the metro area, especially when driving to unfamiliar towns and never-before-visited urgent care centers) and compassionate receptionists. He has to have the stitches in for five days and then we will go to his pediatrician and get them snipped. I think I'll follow Bram's lead and head to bed now. This one's for the books!
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment