Monday, November 19, 2012

Last Week in Review - In Pictures & Thanksgiving Food Plans

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm sure you've noticed by now that most of my posts are a random compilation of what's going on in our neck of the woods, in my kitchen, what toddler developments have occurred, and if you're lucky there's pictorial evidence of said things. I read some blogs where posts are beautifully written and stick to one main topic. This is not one of those blogs. I love those blogs, but this is not one of those. I was the type in high school and college to write a paper mostly in one sitting, with not much proofreading or editing. It worked for me. That is how I write my posts, too. I love efficiency and here it means that my posts end up being random. If you're still reading this paragraph and haven't moved on yet, you probably are a true friend because it has been very rambly and boring. Moving on...

BIGGEST NEWS: This is what Bram looks like after sleeping 12 hours without a peep!


Last night B-man got 12 hours and Mama slept for 8.5 hours straight. I think I hear angels singing praises to God on my behalf somewhere. It felt awesome. It was my first full night of sleep since Abram was born. It was the first time he's ever gone longer than 10 hours (not bad, he's only 15 months and 9 days). I know this isn't something promised to me every night, especially whenever we add to our fold, but I'm just relishing in the memory that I got a full night of sleep last night. Abram was so rested he opted for only one nap instead of two today. I am definitely okay with that.

 YUMMIEST NEWS:


I made that applesauce I was telling you I hoped I would. It's delicious and a nice pink color. We still have over half of the batch left in the fridge to consume this week. Yummy.

FALLIEST PICTURES TAKEN LAST WEEK:

 Here's Bram in our backyard studying a leaf as I worked on raking the thousands of other leaves.

Picturesque fall scene in the neighborhood

OLD ENDEAVOR REVISTED:
I actually got bored one evening this weekend (what?!) and for some reason my current read isn't doing it for me (The Iliad) and so I picked up my most recent knitting project to work on. I cannot even recall if I started this dish cloth before baby came or after baby came (...and baby is now a toddler). Needless to say, it's been awhile since I touched my knitting needles (other than picking them up to pack them in a box to move them from OK). But I'm almost done with this little project and hope to keep knitting. Knitting goes with cold weather like blankets and Christmas music and hot chocolate.
SILLIEST TODDLER THING OF THE WEEK:
 Auntie Sarah got Bram this little book with Safari animals that Velcro to the book. I was just cracking up this week when I noticed that Bram consistently carries the zebra around by the tail. And yes, it was about 7:30am when I took this picture so try to put my polar bear pj pants out of your mind next time you see me. I promise I wear real people clothes, too.

ON THE AGENDA IN MY KITCHEN FOR THANKGIVING WEEK:
I'm trying out these new recipes:
I'm also planning on making an old favorite recipe for mashed potatoes. Don't tell anyone, but they have cream cheese, sour cream, and butter in them. Yummy!

Update: I forgot about this Easy No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie recipe I saved a few weeks ago. Definitely adding it to the T-Giving feast dessert list!


No comments:

Post a Comment