Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Nap Time Strike

My son has been an excellent napper for the past year. He's been down to one nap in the afternoons since February 2013 or so. Usually his nap will last anywhere from 2-3 hours, and he will spend 3-4 hours in his crib when I include playing before he falls asleep or after he wakes up. That is, until recently. Bram had a fever for 24 hours almost 2 weeks ago now, during which he napped almost 18 hours straight (all afternoon + all night) and woke up cheery the next day. Since he recovered from the virus it seems, naps have been hit or miss, where he only seems to be falling asleep in his crib 1/3 of the time. When he does nap, it lasts quite a while so it makes me think he needs it. He lays in his bed, talking and singing to himself. He's only two, surely he's got more nap time left in him. Anybody else run into this?

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a different situation, but from time to time Anna would go through a week or so of no napping. I kept putting her down, though, and now at 5, she is still "napping" from about 2-3:30 or 4, and I know she sleeps at least some of that time.

    I'm sure, even on days he doesn't seem to, you need nap time, if you are like me. :)

    ReplyDelete