Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My First Sizable Haul from the Farmer's Market

After growing up in Oklahoma (and for me, after being third trimester pregnant in the record 100+ streak last summer), my hubby and I are still in shock that August temps are well under 100 and that the lush grass and vegetation is consistently watered via rain shower here in Maryland. That being said, I'm excited about getting most of my produce (at least for the warm months) at farmer's markets, and as you can see, meat and eggs, too! Sadly, I just discovered unpasteurized milk is illegal here and in VA and DC, so the infant hope I had last week of trying my hand at making buttermilk, kefir, cheese, whey, and yogurt is officially dashed. Now how will Abram get all those healthy cultures in his system? I think I'll go console myself with a little fresh fruit consumption.

No comments:

Post a Comment