Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lost

So, I mentioned back in this post that right after we began our initial trek to the DC area from Oklahoma, I lost a flip flop (that I happened to be wearing) at a truck stop just 2 hours into our 3 day road trip. My husband, well I can't put words in his mouth, but the look he gave me when I told him at the next truck stop that I needed him to get me socks and shoes out of the trunk for me, said it all.

Today I was handed $13 in cash by my husband to buy produce at a farmer's market and no less than 5 minutes later, as I was unfolding the cash to pay for my squash and tomatoes, $10 was, inexplicably, missing. I had seen the $10 bill with my eyes in my own hand just minutes before. I even checked the bucket of squash for my money.

Does this have something to do with having a small child? With just coming back from a weekend trip? With having to wear my glasses (instead of contacts) today? Someone please tell me something I can attribute this nonsense to, so I can feel better about myself. 

And it is just so humiliating that my husband witnessed my stupidity both times, just as the lostness of these items was dawning on me. Sigh. No time to come up with some grand or witty explanation for how this could have happened, simply, "Uh...I lost it".

No comments:

Post a Comment