Thursday, April 25, 2013

In Sickness and In Health

I've been pretty much down and out for the past two weeks. My throat's been highly inflamed to a point where I can't eat or sleep without being on a 3 hour cycle of Motrin and Tylenol. And even then the pain is still noticeable! It's been crazy. I've had two situations in the past that share similarities with this situation, and at the time it seemed like I was having an allergic reaction to mold in the place I was living. But we see no visible mold in our house, in the attic, or the basement. I had a strep test done by an urgent care doctor last week and it was negative. I waited a few more days and started searching for a primary care physician. I saw one today. She was not so sure that it's an allergic reaction because it's very localized and extreme, but thinks it has some kind of viral component. For whatever reason, my immune system is down and I need to get it back up. What I took away most from our time together (other than a prescription for much-needed steroids and prescription nasal spray) was that she said I needed to "pamper myself". I'm thinking she was interpreting that as getting lots of rest, fluids, and Vitamin C, but I'll let my husband interpret that any way he wants. ;) Now that I mention it, Jon has been a rock star husband. Letting me sleep in, cooking breakfast, doing whatever it is that I couldn't get done during the day (which was a lot), staying up late with me watching silly BBC series while we wait for whatever dose of Tylenol or Motrin I had taken to kick in before bed, etc. I was a little bummed when the Target Pharmacist told me I arrived too close to their lunch break to walk out with my medicine in hand, but Bram and I are heading there whenever afternoon nap ends. I think these steroids will do the trick for the moment while we gather more information and take a little time to see what might be going on. Here's a picture of Bram and I this morning. Obviously, I'm being candid here - you can totally tell I've been sick for two weeks. But my lack of energy obviously hasn't affected Bram - he's as happy as can be and I'm glad!


1 comment:

  1. Oh I am so sorry. This sounds awful. Can I help you? No worries at all if we need to reschedule our plans together on Saturday night. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete