Monday, May 21, 2012

House Hunting

We are currently scouring the internet for pictures, contacts, and information on houses or townhouses to rent in MD. I have realized after a few minutes days that house hunting over the internet is just not my thing. But, you gotta have somewhere to live, right? So we're pressing on. Cost of living is very high, and there just aren't many house rentals available at all in the neighborhood we're looking to live in, let alone ones that fall within our price range.

Amenities are highly negotiable, but things on my wish list are:
  • a bigger kitchen than we use now (e.g., more than 2 drawers would be nice)
  • parking right outside our door (How do you carry baby on one hip and groceries/diaper bag/keys/sonic drink when you have a 30+ yard walk from door to door? I don't know, but I sure don't want to keep trying to figure out how.)
  • 3 bedrooms (I underestimated how much I would miss a guest room this year)
  • no carpet in the dining room (baby learning to eat solids = mess)
  • yard for the babe to play in once he starts toddling
  • house > townhouse > apartment
 I know that God is clearly leading us to move to Maryland, so I know He has also provided us with somewhere to live. It's only a matter of days until Providence leads us there. Enough blogging, I should get back on the hunt.

Here's the house we rented in OK for a few years before we made the switch to apartment living.



No comments:

Post a Comment